Tuesday 2 April 2013

Blogshop London



So a couple of weekends ago I was thrilled to be attending Blogshop London with the amazing Bri Emery and Angela Kohler. When I first got into reading blogs, Bri's was one of the first I fell in love with. DesignLoveFest is one of those blogs that makes you go all tingly with excitement and you have to read the entire blog the minute you find it. For the last two years I have lusted after a place on the blogshop which Bri and Angela run. I never thought at 7 months pregnant I would be going but my lovely Dan surprised me with a place on the course. I am still a little overwhelmed at the gesture and thoughtfulness.

I had high expectations for the course, how could you not when you see Bri's blog?! The workshop went above and beyond my expectations. I have learned so much from that weekend, that I am still digesting it. But it wasn't just about the learning, it was so nice to be in such a beautiful environment (Custard Studios in Shoreditch), a room flooded with light, huge windows and all white and being among such creative and talented people too.

The course is not for the faint-hearted, it is hard work and pretty intense. I would say that you need to be Mac confident and have at least dabbled with Photoshop. Dan had bought me a Wacom tablet too so I could learn how to use some of the handwriting features - I struggled using it in class, I really needed to have become familiar with it at home first, my mistake.

I have come away from Blogshop feeling so inspired and enthused, like I say, not just because of the mammoth amounts of knowledge I have gleaned but because of the positive energy that exuded from those studios all weekend. It was particularly nice for me to have a couple of days off baby-obsessed mind. As we near the big day, I have been so focused on preparing myself and the home that it was really nice to have a couple of days to be uber selfish and do something creative, so absorbing and just for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...